Sunday, March 4, 2012

Communication?

Hi folks,

I am a foreigner and living in the UK for the last nine years but one thing I find it difficult to understand. That is communication skills. People always tell whenever I have bad relationship or do not get along with some co-workers, that I need to improve my communication skills. I do not understand what they mean. I used to ignore it but it has happened so many times that now I think I need to find out what it is. I always thought communication skills meant speaking your mind clearly and getting the message across clearly by using common words that are understood by everyone and speaking at a slow pace. However, I am still getting feedback for the dire need to improve my communications. Could you all please help me understand what communication skills mean? what is my problem? what could I be doing wrong?



kind regardsCommunication?
Communication skills are the ability to fix a problem with the least possible negative impact on the person and your relationship to them.Communication?
Communication is a two-way street my friend. Speaking clearly and openly is only the first and very small part of the process.



You must truly LISTEN and CONSIDER what is being said TO YOU, and then respond in an appropriate way.



Listening is not easy. I found an excellent website that discusses ACTIVE LISTENING SKILLS. I recommend you visit it.Communication?
Your just not being real. You have lots of social defense mechanisms...such as being overly kind, unusually generous or not so much...emotionally vulnerable, or not so much. It is obvious to others that you are trying too hard to be liked and not liking yourself enough. They see through your defense mechanisms and they want you to drop your gaurd, be honest and let them in to who you really are...even if you dont really like or know that person(you) yet.
Where are you from? There is a bit of bad feeling towards foreign workers in the UK at the moment. It simply may be that you are not accepted by your co workers because of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment